Spider and varicose veins are painful leg conditions that plague 1 in 3 Americans. If you have damaged veins, consider treatment options like radiofrequency ablation therapy. At the Cardio Vascular Institute of Scottsdale, AZ, we offer RF ablation therapy and other vein treatments. To learn more about this procedure, read on or contact us for a consultation.
What Is RF Ablation Therapy?
This procedure involves using ultrasound technology to insert a catheter into the diseased vein. The catheter is powered by radiofrequency (RF) that heats the vein wall, shrinking and closing the vein. Blood is then redirected to other healthy veins in the leg.
What Are the Benefits of RF Ablation Therapy?
One benefit of RF ablation therapy is that you can return to work the day after the procedure; you will not have much downtime recovering from the treatment. This procedure is also minimally invasive and will leave little to no scarring. This procedure only requires local anesthesia, and you will experience relief from your symptoms within a few weeks.
What Are the Post-Op Instructions?
While the procedure is outpatient and you can leave our facility as soon as the treatment is completed, you need to coordinate a ride home as you cannot drive yourself. Some other instructions you need to follow include the following:
- Avoid showering or getting your legs wet for 48 hours after the procedure.
- Refrain from strenuous exercise, contact sports, and lifting heavy objects for a few weeks.
- Avoid long plane or car trips.
- Keep your legs elevated while sitting.
- Continue using your compression hose for about a week after the procedure.
- Take ibuprofen or acetaminophen if you are experiencing minor discomfort.
If you have any questions or wish to schedule a consultation, contact the Cardio Vascular Institute by calling (480) 747-6532. We look forward to helping you find healing from painful vein conditions.